This Father’s Day, treat Dad to something that he really wants. Say goodbye to golf clubs and say hello to these 14 unique gifts that all happen to be local to Boston.
1. Laughter is always a good gift. Surprise him with tickets to ImprovBoston (Cambridge) where you can enjoy their highly-rated mainstage show or even a stand-up routine.
2. Take the family to Central Rock Gym (Cambridge or Worcester) for a fun day of rock climbing and bouldering.
3. If Dad is musically-minded or wants a truly unique experience, bring him to MMMMaven (Cambridge) for a DJ Lesson. He’ll learn tips and tricks to mix his own music.
4. Do you have old VHS tapes collecting dust? Why not bring them to Everpresent (Newton) where they will digitally archive them–a perfect gift for Dad.
5. Commemorate a memory with a framed family photograph from Beacon Hill Framery(Boston). With 44 years of framing under their belts, you can expect top-notch quality that will impress him.
Get crafty (beer and spirits, that is)
6. Craft Beer Cellar (multiple locations) is the place to shop for local brews, hard to find favorites, and even international craft beers. Make your own six pack to truly celebrate Father’s Day.
7. Are spirits more his drink of choice? Check out Short Path Distillery (Everett) where you can sample their locally-made gin and rum.
Plan a family meal with Dad
8. Start the day off with brunch from Farmstead Table (Newton). From brioche French toast, to huevos rancheros with marinated steak tips, you’ll certainly start the day on the right note.
9. If you’re in the city, stop for lunch at Cafe Quattro (Boston). They serve up homemade thin crust pizza and classic Italian dishes, along with lighter salads and sandwiches.
10. Treat Dad to dinner at Del Frisco’s (Boston). The Double Eagle Steak House has supreme views of Boston Harbor–plus an incredible menu and cocktail program.
11. For craft-beer-loving Dads, go to Olde Magoun’s Salon (Somerville) where there is a 28 tap bar featuring local beers. For food, nosh on their popular mac and cheese or try their creative burgers.
12. Want to cook at home for Dad? Del Sur (Burlington) is home to ‘take and bake’ empanadas in varieties like grass-fed beef, roasted chicken and spinach and cheese.
Sweeten the day
13. If dad’s got a sweet tooth, cookies and rugelach from Galit’s Treats with Love (Newton) will be satisfying. Pre-order online and have them delivered in time for Father’s Day.
14. Ice cream is never a bad idea. Chill on Park (Dorchester) serves up homemade ice cream. Better yet: make it a banana split or brownie sundae.