Full-Stack Rails Architect / Tech Lead
Product Team - Do you have a desire to be an integral part of a growing and dynamic team? Do you want to develop and grow with a startup? Nift is looking for an intelligent, self-motivated, quick learner, customer focused, with a can-do attribute that executes on time with high quality.
We're looking for:
- Full-stack Ruby on Rails engineer with 5+ years experience.
- DevOps experience on AWS environment.
- Mobile development (React Native or Objective-C or Swift) is a big plus.
- Interested in being a part of a small core development team that's growing fast and building something HUGE and exciting.
It's an amazing opportunity for someone who's at the point in their career where they're ready to build a highly scalable and successful service from early stage through to IPO. Set the architecture, make the tech stack decisions, mentor new developers, and help us grow.
Business Development - Do you have a desire to be an integral part of a growing and dynamic team? Do you want to develop and grow with a startup? Nift is looking for a highly organized, creative and motivated team player to drive results on acquiring and maintaining relationships with local businesses. This local, account manager position is a great position for a talented sales and relationship professional that wants independence and the opportunity to be rewarded for top performance. Candidates should possess a highly competitive nature that is strongly driven by individual and team success. Candidates should be self motivated, fast learning and confident in a dynamic environment.
We will be looking for you to:
- Drive merchants to take the right actions to be successful with Nift and think strategically how each individual merchant's impacts the network as a whole.
- Communicate with prospects and clients in an easy-going, trustworthy demeanor.
- Be the local market expert: gather local business feedback, monitor local business activity andincrease usage of Nift, and provide feedback for improvements to customer success and development.
- Engage and maintain relationships with key influencers in the local market.
- Sell to great local business. This requires a blend of consultative and transactional sales skills, resourcefulness, and determination.
- Conduct daily cold calls, walk-in meetings, schedule in person meetings, and sign new businesses and engage existing users.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of direct sales experience and/or account management, local market knowledge is a plus.
- History of setting and meeting personal and professional goals.
- Results driven, respectful, compassionate and direct.
- Self-motivated team player with high energy, integrity and ability to work independently.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly changing business.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office required.
UX / Front End Intern
Product Team - Are you a Dynamite Designer, Experience Expert or Usability Guru? Our product is brand new to the marketplace. It helps small businesses get discovered. It's guaranteed. And it's working. If you've got a knack for improving products and creating amazing user experiences, we want to hear from you. This is a great opportunity for someone who has strong intuition, innate curiosity, and proven design chops. Bonus points if you can code (Bootstrap and CSS).
You'll be responsible for recruiting small business owners and customers for weekly user testing. You'll manage craigslist ads, post to social media, and if needed make cold calls to get testers. During the sessions, you'll be responsible for transcribing interviews with the goal of capturing the conversation and the nuance (body language, hesitations, level of comfort, etc.) of the respondents' answers objectively and without confirmation bias.
If you want to dive deeper into product experience, you'll have an opportunity to share ideas and participate in the evolution of our product design. Take the insights gathered and turn them into comps and eventually, front end code.
Test. Design. Code. Repeat.